Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Piccadilly & Leicester




The night was filled with people coming in and out all night but did I hear them?? NO! I was out cold for the entire night. I woke up in a haze a couple times. It was like waking up in a operating room coming out of the meds. I looked around and went right back to sleep. Our alarms went off at about half 8 because the free breakfast ended at 9:30. I did not know what to expect for breakfast. It was quite crowded and consisted of stale corn flakes and buttered toast. I mean I was not complaining because it was included in the price and I could fill myself up until lunch time.


We ate and then showered. I wanted to get to the Buckingham palace so that Caitlin could see the changing of the guards. Of course since Caitlin is a girl she took FOREVER. I mean she looks good all the time so I dont understand why it takes her so long. Maybe it is because I am a guy but I feel like girls look the same when they get up and straighten their hair or when they take hours trying to “fix” it.


We got to the palace about 11:45. It was sooo crowded and pretty much over so we just decided to go ahead and venture to other parts of the city. I remember going to Piccadilly circus before so I wanted to take Caitlin there. We went and took a few pictures to prove we went to London. ;) Caitlin went into Barclays to get more money out and of course forgot her PIN. Luckily she was able to get her money out and continue spending lots of money.


We hopped back on the tube and went over to Leicester square to look at theater tickets. We were not sold on going but wanted to see if any good deals were going on. We walked around a bit just taking it all in and see what there was to offer. It

was a rainy day so we knew that going to see a show would be a good idea. When we looked at the options we talked about and ended up giving up going on the london eye and the wax museam to go to see a show. We got tickets to Phantom of the Opera and were soooo excited to go see it. I had been obsessed with this musical for years so it was passed the time that I actually see it live. Seeing it in London was just the icing on the cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment