Wednesday, March 2, 2011

First Night in London




I decided since we had not seen Parliament or Big Ben we would take the tube there and find somewhere to eat long the Thames. It was already late evening by the time we got there so we got to see the clock tower and the London eye glowing in the dark sky. It was all very beautiful. We just took in the sights and enjoyed the night air. I was still pretty tired from our long journey so I just honestly wanted to find a place to eat and go back and get a long night’s sleep.


We took a few pictures around the river and walked towards the eye and waterloo area to find a place to eat. I think we were so hungry and tired that we spent a good hour reading menus and walking around. Some places were starting to close their kitchens to make room for the bars so we had to choose fast. We ended up going back to a Mediterranean restaurant that we found before. We sat down and ordered our food. We of course ordered a bottle of red wine, which was not a good idea.


Troia, the lovely place we ate dinner


From the lack of food and our sleepiness the wine was just making me more tired. On top of that i was getting a buzz from my first class since I had not eaten in a while. The place must have been a good one because it was pretty packed. We were squeezed right next to another guy that just so happened to be American as well. We only chatted with him when he was leaving. The waiters always sat his food down at our table so that was quite annoying.


Throughout the entire dinner I was trying to just make it through. I had some chicken dish with spinach with was very lovely but with the wine and everything else I was just pushing myself to shove it down and make it through the meal. I sound so pathetic but I was really exhausted and I do not do well under these circumstances. We soon paid our bill and ran to the waterloo tube station to get home. I just wanted my cubby and sleep!! I needed to be well rested for another full exciting day in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment