Monday, February 28, 2011

Sleepless in London-Town

Caitlin, waiting on her man.

After we got settled we decided just to walk around a bit. We were really close to Hyde park. I decided to make a walk through and go see the Buckingham Palace. So arm-in-arm we started our treck. We were pretty loopy and when we are like that we become our own comedy team. We say the dumbest things and just die laughing at any and everything. Every dog we passed, Caitlin wanted to pet. I told her no mainly because she was my support system holding me up so I wouldn’t fall asleep. Plus you can never be too careful of who has rabies.


oh Hyde Park



It was kind of a muggy day so the park was not too crowded but it was still nice. Of course Caitlin would run off to take pictures, not of monuments but of grass, squirrels, and trees. HAHA. She reminded me of my sister Tahlia being so amused with

squirrels. I will admit that I am SCARED of England squirrels. They are GIANT and will come right up to you. Caitlin was playing with one and it kept harassing her. I am such a parent screaming at her to come back and not get bit.


WE walked all kinds of around Hyde park. I forgot how big Hyde park is. We walked the entire park from one corner to the other. Looking at monuments and the little ponds full of birds. London has a lot of runners, well just like any other city but Caitlin expressed her want to run. Every runner prompted Caitlin to say she wished she would have brought her running shoes so

she could go for a run. With every one of those comments I just gave her the, “Bitch, you crazy!” look and kept on walking.


We finally made it to our future home and took some pictures. Caitlin texted the Queen a bunch to invite us in for tea but we had no response. Caitlin demanded we wait and go in so she could have dinner with her future husband Harry, but I couldn’t wait that long. ;) It was mid-day so the Palace was not too busy. I just know in the mornings with the changing of the guards it is SOOO crowded. We stayed a bit but then decided to go back to the hostel to take a nap. We needed it and decided on what to do that night for dinner and exploration.









No comments:

Post a Comment