Monday, February 28, 2011

Lost in London




So we got off the bus and went to go get breakfast. After a delicious breakfast and horrible service it was time to go to the Bayswater area to find our hostel and check in. Since I had been to London before I was already well aware of the tube system. We got on the underground and got off in Bayswater.




Since I am SUPER smart I realized that I had not written down the address or EVEN the name of the hostel. I knew I read that it was a minute walk from the tube station so I knew it was close. We were both just really tired and wanted to drop off our heavy bags. We walked around for quite some time. Down random streets back and forth along Hyde park trying to find this hostel. I

was getting a bit frustrated at myself for being so irresponsible. The one thing I just wanted to do was find it. I tweeted Kimber and my sister because I had sent the info to Tahlia and hopped that she could tweet me the address. Thank god for mobile twitter because it saves me. HA! It was only about 12pm local time so about 7am back home. Of course everyone was getting ready for work.




I told Caitlin to just find a Starbucks because with my ipod I could get on the internet and check. We found one that was at the entrance to the tube station and went in. As soon as I got on Tahlia tweeted me the address. I google mapped it and found that it was right across the street. Seriously right across the way was our hostel. We were too tired to get angry so we just laughed it off. WE went and and checked in. It was small and quite cozy.


The woman showed us to our room. It was quite dark because there were people still sleeping. Come on! You are on vacation its the afternoon why are you still sleeping???!? We were in a 14 bedroom room. (It was the least amount of money) We choose our little cubbies and decided to go out. Caitlin wanted a bit of a nap but I said since we got lost that time that we spent

took up our nap time and it was now time to go out and take in London. Sleepy and All.

No comments:

Post a Comment