Monday, February 28, 2011

Buses Hate Me



So the cheapest and easiest way for Caitlin and I to get down to London was on the Megabus. Oh good ole megabus. They are everywhere. We even take the megabus to Washington DC and NY from North Carolina. Caitlin and I decided that we would go down to London from Tuesday to Friday. To get the most out of the day on Tuesday we picked 6:15am to leave. We were so used to staying up late at night that neither of us got ANY sleep the night before. We packed and met outside around 5:30 to make sure we got to the coach station. Usually on a Monday night the streets are popping because Monday night here is a good night to go out....The streets were completely empty. We could not find a taxi anywhere. I called the service to try to get one but they said the earliest would be at 6:00 which would not give us enough time to do anything. I was freaking out a little bit. Luckily once we made our way down oxford I hailed a cab and we were on out way.



We got to the bus and got on it. Of course we were surrounded by mid-20s irish guys who were traveling somewhere. They had bags and bags filled with beer and jager. Of course this would happen to me. I would want to sleep on the bus since it would be 4 and a half hours down to London but No. These guys popped open their beers at 6:15 in the morning and began drinking. I knew this would be quite a long journey. Mid way through the bus driver stopped and made them all chuck their beers off the bus. Lets get real though did he honestly think that they threw away any of the unopened ones??? No. We did fall asleep for a bit and once I woke up I realized we were already in London. :) I couldn't wait to get off and get my luggage dropped off at the hostel and go out exploring. That is if we could even find the hostel.........

No comments:

Post a Comment