Friday, January 14, 2011

ASDA, as in the British Walmart.

Ok, so it was time to go grocery shopping! I need lots of food and didn’t want to spend all of my money eating out. We all know that that can be super expensive. So Tj, Jemma, and Ellie took me to ASDA. I went to Tesco before but i needed a larger grocery store. We took a cab because we couldn’t walk there. When we got there I laughed because it had a McDonalds in it just as lots do at Walmart back home.


I quickly became overwhelmed. I didn’t really make a list. I’m a guy I don’t do that. I also was not too sure what I would want to be eating. At home I made lots of mac and cheese or went to cookout. The girls were grabbing all this healthy stuff and here I was with like 2 things in my cart. I did get my basics like milk cheese bread sandwich meats and etc. The frozen section ended up being my savior because I was familiar with frozen shit. I scooped up frozen pizzas and all that stuff you can pop into your oven or microwave. I also did get some fruit. I couldn’t eat that unhealthy while I’m here. My plan was to eat one meal a day and drink the other two meals. ;)


I also got to eat at McDonalds. The fries were actually better because they did not have so much salt. It was nice. I got the Mcchicken and it actually looked just like the picture. HAHA. It may of just been that McDonalds. Also they go easy on the mayo and heavy on the lettuce. I was ok with that. Another thing I found odd was that you have to put in a pound to get a cart. TJ said people steal carts so they have to make people pay. (you get your coin back when you release the cart)


So now I have food. Hopefully I won’t be starving anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment