Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'm leaving for 6 months, not dying!




As I am sitting here writing my last blog in America I can only be so grateful for this opportunity. Wow. I said it. It is soo exciting that the trip is finally here. I have been planning this for months and months and I fly out tomorrow.

Yesterday and today were some of the hardest days. Between packing and saying my goodbyes I thought I would not make it. This is 2011 and people are acting like they will never see me again. I get six months is a while to go without seeing me, but we have Facebook Skype and email to keep us all connected. The hardest goodbye was defiantly my grandmother. I got to Lillington and went to lunch with her and my grandfather. They took me to this new chinese buffet place that was delicious. They kept telling me to go back because they did know if England's food was going to be that great.

Yumm Fish and chips!


When we got back I was saying my goodbyes since I had to make it to my last minute eye appointment and Granny of course started crying. She kept hugging me and telling me that she loved me. For those of you that don't know me too well, you should know that I grew up living behind my grandparents house and my Granny raised me and spoiled me rotten. She is my favorite person in the entire world, which makes it hard for me to leave her for an entire six months. That is when I started to tear up and waited till I got to my car to let the tears fall. They are moving out of their house soon. I grew up in that house. I took showers in that bright green bathroom for 12 years.



Ahh but everyone else is ok. They all have their webcams and twitter and facebook. They will be able to stay in contact with me while I am overseas having the time of my life. I promise you that I am not going to just disappear and never return.

I am just so greatful I get to do this. Not everyone gets that chance to pick up and study abroad. I count myself lucky. I am blessed.

Our last picture before I leave. What is a brother to do?


1 comment:

  1. Poor Granny! I'm sure they're worried you'll starve over there. ;-)

    ReplyDelete