Monday, January 10, 2011

Flatmates




My Hall

So i moved in on Saturday but went straight out to buy things for my room. I needed blankets and such for my bed a bit of food to hold me over. When I was moving in a girl in my hall TJ came up and introduced herself. She was only one who had come back since. All the others would be arriving shortly.


She was SO sweet. She was very lovely and showed me around and told me about everyone else. When you walk in its a straight hallway all the way to the end where there is a large kitchen and sitting area. I walked in and there were dishes everywhere and sinks were full and trash about. I was then informed that that would be the tidest of the term. Oh my


I went out with Kara for the rest of the day and went to bed. I turned the heater on about 20 minutes before I went to bed and it was a COMPLETE disaster. I was freezing. The throw I bought for my bed was so tiny. I was curled up. I soon put on two pairs of socks, a tshirt, a sweater, my fleece north face, and a wool scarf that i wrapped around my neck and head. Needless to say I did not sleep well.


I got up and met a few more flatmates. Caitlin was coming back into town so I was going to meet up with her and her MMU friend and go for a drink. I ended up meeting more flatmates and friends like Dom, Stephen, Katie, Jass, Ryan. I went into Dom’s room and hung out with them.



It reminded me so much of freshman year. Here in the UK it is no different. They were crowded into one’s dorm room playing video games and smoking. Here you can smoke in your room or in the kitchen. Naturally of course we were all drinking. They asked a lot of questions about America and I gave the best answers that I could.


The kept asking if US university is a lot like “American Pie” I told them yes it does get to be like that. IN the kitchen it was just the guys and it was the same kind of talk I endured freshman year at UNCG. About booze and girls and going out every night. I just sat back and reminisced. I soon knew that I was going to love my hall.


Caitlin called me and we all soon met up at a pub called Font. It was a really cute pub and was not so crowded because it was Sunday night. They have 2 pound cocktails so it was the perfect place for a cheap drink. (of course I stuck to my beer)


Caitlin brought along her flatmate, Kelli who is a super nice girl from South Dakota. She also had Becky meet us there who was an exchange student from MMU that studied at UNCG and joined Caitlin’s sorority. We just had a few drinks there because we planned to go back to my flat and drink with my mates.


Kara got a good buzz going because she didnt have dinner so it was all a good time. We stopped at the market to get some more beer and wine to take with us. We went up to my room and I introduced everyone to the four girls. I was the cool roommate now, bringing hot girls up to the 6 guys in my flat. I was trying to get on there good side. ;)

My bed with the new duvet I had to buy haha.


We soon began to drink and play games and just chat. Soon people started to leave and those who stayed continued to get smashed. Soon Music was blasting and others joined and even the strobe light came out. It turned into quite a fun night.




I am so glad that I got into a flat with 9 British roommates. I could not have asked for a better living situation. I did not want to be with any internationals and all of the mates on my hall are perfect. I, naturally got into the party flat and the madness is just going to continue. We are going out to a club tonight to celebrate Ryan’s 20 birthday. They couldn’t imagine having to wait till they were 21 to drink. I told them I couldn’t blame them. I am sure more fun drunken blogs will arise in the near future.


Sorry this blog was so long but I needed to tell you all about my flatmates and how excited I am to be here and start the new term. I really think its going to be an AMAZING 6 months. :)

5 comments:

  1. "Is American college like 'American Pie'?" Ha! so funny! I guess they call it "University". Love it! Sounds like fun. Post pics of these peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will. Ill take more pics. The first night I just needed to be initiated ;) I didnt want to be the creepy american taking all of their pictures. Well they say "Uni" haha its cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. cant wait to hear more about them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your updates. I feel as though I'm engrossed in a reality tv show by reading these....looking forward to the next one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like things are picking up.... Just remember to do a little studying..... Are US universities like "American Pie" boy did I miss something. Love you, keep safe

    ReplyDelete