Friday, January 7, 2011

Platform Nine and Three Quarters


So the plane finally landed and I got to stretch my legs. That was good enough for me. My first plan was to find Caitlin to give her a laptop bag that belonged to her. She was having too much trouble with her arm so I was in control of it. We got off and of course I was looking forward to customs.


We actually went quickly through customs and it was all said and done. Now we had officially made it to England. We got all of our luggage! Man! I was SO glad I only had one huge bag and a carry on. Caitlin, with her broken elbow had two big bags and two carry ons. She was going to Grimbsy for the weekend So i knew that I had to help her to the train. I was VERY happy to help her because I did not want her to get into a situation where she was helpless and would get stressed. I know if I was in her position I would be grateful of someone to help her.


Caitlin also met this guy on her flight so he was helping as well! I was thankful at this point because I did not know how I would have gotten all of her bags and mine where they needed to go. I went and exchanged some money because I did not want to leave the airport without any money on me. It was a smart discussion!


As we got into the main terminal there were a million people around holding up signs of who they were there to pick up....’umm i don’t see anyone here with my name or MMU. Oh well, Ill get Caitlin on the train and come back. We got to the train station which was only about 5 minutes lugging luggage to and got her ticket. We went down on the tracks and waiting to load up the train. We got her on the train and bided her a farewell. I would see her this weekend of course for orientation.


As This guy, I already forgot his name, it was the least of my worries at that point, got back up to the terminal we were asked for our train tickets,


“Uh, We dont have tickets. We are just leaving. I was helping my friend on the train. She had a broken elbow.”


“Well you can’t go past this point without a ticket”


“But we are not getting on a train, we are going to get a taxi to go into the city”


I kept arguing with the guy because if I went back down there was not even a place to exit or even buy a ticket to get on a train.


He finally let me go through and I ran to the exit. All I wanted to do was get a taxi and get to my hostel! That part should be easy right??? Wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment