Thursday, January 6, 2011

..Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane



Wow what a trip even so far. It has been a not stop traveling trip already. Dad dropped me off at the airport with my luggage and of course my huge bag was 75lbs and they do not accept anything over 70 lbs. I had to leave a few things behind. Oh well I can live without it. Amy also brought Charlotte to the airport to say a final goodbye. :)


I got through security just fine. I did not get patted down searched I just had a lot of bags to get through all of the scanners. I sat in the RDU terminal already day dreaming of what was to come. Boy was I wrong.


The flight to Chicago was just fine. Actually, it was terrific. It was not full at all so the two seats beside me were completely empty. I had the window seat and my carryon bag was close beside me. It was smooth and I caught up on the latest issue of Details.


The landing was smooth and I was off to find Caitlin. Caitlin is one of the girls from my school who is also going to MMU. She fell down some stairs and broke her elbow on new years! How awful! So yea I was there to make sure she had the proper help she needed.


Caitlin and I at the Terminal



She found me right off the bat and we headed to Macaroni grill for lunch and a few beers. This first part of the trip does count as vacation as well. We shared a pizza and talked about how much we were looking forward to touching down in England. We had a 5 HOUR LAYOVER. So we had plenty of time to talk and giggle of what we would get into first. She would actually be leaving me to catch a train to grisby for the weekend so I would be stuck in Manchester alone.


We of course made quick friends with those around us and chatted it up while we endured our wait. Once on board I realized that I had been spoiled rotten on my last plane to the UK. In 2008 we all had our own TVs and enough room to get comfortable and get some sleep. When I walked aboard this flight I found that there were six seats. Three seats on each side and isle.


Chicago, here I come!



Naturally I arrived at my seat finding that I would be sitting in the middle seat. No isle to stretch my legs and no window to lay my head on. I sat down and smiled and remembered that I was lucky enough to even get to go on this trip. I could survive 8 hours on this plane.


Once both middle ages people surrounded me in the seat I was quickly elbowed and shunned to the side so they could get a good angle to catch some shuteye. I breathed in and out and watched as they played “Eat, Pray, Love.” I wanted to sleep the entire flight but I got a quick ten minute nap and quickly remained consciousness when the captain rudely interrupted my deep sleep.


The meal we had was delish but I soon found out that it was a bad choice. I became bloated and gasses and was scared to let any go in fright of hearing complaints. I held it in and took the pain. I got up twice to go see if I could release myself but I couldn't. If you are not deeply into reading this blog by now you are at this moment. ;)


My legs become restless as I couldn't stretch them out or stand up.


“4 more hours”


“3 more hours”


“Almost there! You can hold out that long”


“Ahh he is saying we are landing quickly! I made it”


I kept talking to myself, probably out loud because I was out of it. I finally made it to England and I didn't have time to fret any more. I had to plan the next steps in my mind. I had to figure out how to get to my hostel! Safe and alive. I got this.

2 comments:

  1. Did you let your farts out when you got to England?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. Yes. There is an entire Blog post for that one!

    ReplyDelete