Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dear Kidney, I'm Sorry (Part 2)



Now the part you have all been waiting for. I wish I could have remembered most of it and wrote it earlier, but im busy. ha

So for Thursday night Caitlin and Kara decided to stay in so I was the only American that was going out. We all decided to go to “Tiger Tiger” which was located at city center. A Taxi would be the best choice to get there. So we started to drink in the common room. TJ and I decided to split a bottle of vodka because it would be cheaper and we all know I will stretch my vodka out.

Anyways, we all drank and some of us already got a pretty good buzz going. Jemma’s friend from home, Ashley joined us so i knew it would be a pretty fun night. By fun I mean crazy. Sarah, TJ and I got a cab and got there. The taxi driver was nice but he dropped us off quite far from the entrance. I am still not so sure why. Maybe he didn't want to be seen with us. TJ stopped at another club because she was about to piss herself. After she was relieved we finally arrived at Tiger Tiger. With a 5 pound cover it better be amazing. We got in and circled around to hang out with everyone who was outside smoking. I went in and got my first drink. Luckily the drinks were not expensive.

This place was pretty big. On the ground floor was just a bar connected to a restaurant that was closed of course. The floor below was for coat check and restrooms. The upper level floor was were the party was. You had a large bar with a raised dance floor and then two rooms that connected to the main one. One room was the white room while the other covered all of the 70s, 80s, and 90s music.

I had lost my buzz from home so I was hoping that the drinks at the bar would help
me along my way. I kept drinking and drinking but I was not feeling anything. I watched them pour my drinks and it wasn’t so bad. I even took a shot of tequila to try to help me get on another level. I was having the experience my sister Tahlia had on New Years. She drank and drank and drank but still felt nothing.

I became Papa bear because since I was not getting drunk myself, I was going to look after all of those who were already shitfaced. Jemma was my main concern. She was being funny and kinda droppy, so my eye was always on her. I kept asking her if she needed anything and brought her to the restroom a couple of times. TJ was having a good night because since she got her braces off guys were buying her drinks left and right. Needless to say she was pretty wasted.

The night went on and soon I was getting hungry. I have a horrible condition where when I have a buzz I always want something to eat. So my newly found obsession with cheesy chips had to be sought through. I rounded up Jemma, Ashley, Sarah, and TJ and we went outside to get a taxi.

We got to Babylon and ordered our chessy chips....this was when all hell broke loose.

Three American guys came into babylon and one bumped TJ. TJ, being pretty drunk asked him to say excuse me.

“I don’t know about America, but in england, men respect women.”

At this very point the white guy called TJ and ‘English Whore.” Tj went, whats the word?.....BANANAS!!!!!! She was trying to get at him and I kept having to hold her back. I was trying to calm her down but by this point she had lost control. She is from Liverpool so by this point she was screaming at the top of her lungs and trying her hardest to get at this lad.

Then the guy turned to me and said as plain as day, “You need to handle your bitch!”

Ummm.....in the back of my mind I was trying to convince myself that he did not say that. No one in their right mind would try to disrespect me or my friends like that. So I asked him, quite pissed off “What did you just say?????”

He repeated what I hoped he had not said and TJ heard him this time. Tj then became the HULK. She was jumping over tables and even the guys at the register were telling her it wasn’t worth it. I was very angry at this point as well but my main concern was calming TJ down and not getting into a fight. I knew that if I let TJ hit him I would have to get involved and aid in the fight.

I grabbed her plenty of times and as a guy it was hard to hold her back. She was swinging arms and legs. All she wanted was a piece of him. I could only imagine me letting her go, there would not have been any pieces left of the poor guy. I grabbed her and her purse and even her chessy chips, as a good friend would do and literally pushed her out of the door. I held on to her until we were about half way home and even then she wanted to run back. I talked to her and guided her up to our flat. And once we were in the kitchen all that mattered were the chessy chips.

Ahhh. Thankfully the police were not involved and Bryce was not in trouble. I am smart in these situation and I know violence is never worth it. Unless its started on us.

Ahh My first week in Manchester is up. What a fine week its been.

I raise a glass (of milk) to the next 5 months and 3 weeks. May they be ever so action packed as the very first.



2 comments:

  1. OMG i wish i were a fly on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey genius...your liver filters alcohol from your blood. Not your kidneys.

    Glad you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete