Monday, January 24, 2011

Just an Update.....




Yes I am still alive in well in the great city of Manchester! I am still having a blast but after the first two weeks here at MMU, things are starting to calm down just a bit. I am actually sitting on my bed at the moment reading a play for class tomorrow. I am being a good boy and reading before class. :)


The past week has been a bit crazy. I went out a couple times to new places including Factory, and 5th avenue. Factory turned out to be a great night. Most of my flat came out and half had a good night and the other didn’t. As for me, I got to drink and dance. Two of my favorite things.


Jemma and I. Start of the night. (double fisting it)


5th avenue was a complete disaster because only Jemma and I went out to celebrate Katie’s and Charlotte’s birthday. Jemma and I ended up getting way too drunk and because of my many years of practice, I was able to hold my own. As for Jemma, she was a completely different story. I literally had to drag her home. She would stop

walking every so often and just fall completely passed out on the sidewalks. This was not one of her best moments. I was getting upset because I do not like to see anyone like this. My number one concern was just getting her back to the flat safely and in her bed. After a good hour I finally managed to get her to the dorm and into her bed. I left her once on the stairs to go get her bed ready. It was a complete mess!


I should also mention that the fire extinguisher went off that night in our kitchen. It covered everything in the foam and ruined a lot of stuff. Our kitchen looked like the aftermath of 9/11. It looked as if it was covered in ash and gunk. When I heard the alarm go off I was in the flat beside us and ran into our flat. The exhaust filled the corridor with what looked like smoke. I seriously thought our flat was on fire. I grabbed Jemma’s hand and just told her it was time to go out. I just did want to deal with it.


Everything in the kitchen is now clean. Mainly because the cleaning lady came in this morning and threw EVERYTHING out on the counters away. If you have been keeping up with my blog you know that there was a lot of junk on the counters. Well it was all thrown out. Many people lost a lot of stuff. It sucked. Luckily I keep everything in my room so none of my things were thrown away.


Also, our freezer is broken. I know right, what else can go wrong?? Lots. We have two small freezers in our room to use while it is getting fixed. (wonderful!) Also my lock is broken. I can lock my room with the key but I cannot lock it whilst inside. I have reported it but if they don’t come today I’ll have to go back down tomorrow.


With all of this crazy happening, I am happy to report that I am still loving it! I have already made some great friends. I am glad to have met Kara and Caitlin on this trip as well. They are some terrific girls. :)


Lastly, I am going with Kara to AMSTERDAM this weekend. I am SOOO excited. You know there will be plenty of blog posts to cover that trip. It is going to be, whats the word?.......EPIC

No comments:

Post a Comment